The Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education (ECE) works closely with the Director of ECE to ensure a Christ-Centered, People-Focused, Excellence-Driven, Future-Directed program for the families and students enrolled in our early childhood program.
With the Director, the Assistant Director is responsible for researching, planning, implementing, and evaluating developmentally appropriate curriculum and best practice instructional methods for the early childhood students at CCLS.
The Assistant Director also shares responsibility for staff supervision and professional growth, visionary program development and advancement, maintaining optimum learning environments, and coordinating student developmental screenings through approved methods and tools.
The Assistant Director of ECE must be passionate about Lutheran ministry and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ; committed to the nurture and education of children; able to provide consistent and visionary leadership for the ECE program; devoted to lifelong learning; and embracing a desire to serve Jesus and the greater community of CCLS.
The well-qualified applicant will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Early Childhood, or closely related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the classroom
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current teaching license
- Current knowledge and experience of best practices in early childhood education
- Experience working in an early childhood, academic-based environment is preferred
- Previous supervisory, coaching, and/or mentoring experience preferred
- Professional or volunteer experience in Christian ministry preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of child development and its application in an early childhood classroom
- Ability to model and teach strategies and appropriate interactions with students
- Ability to develop and nurture parent and family relationships
- Demonstrated success in attendance and punctuality, time management, organization, and task completion
- Sufficient physical mobility to interact with infants and young children, including standing, lifting, and carrying infants and young children
- Desire to work/serve in a non-profit educational environment
- Knowledge of values-based Christian education
- Active member of a Christian congregation, preferably CCLS Association or other LCMS
This is a part-time, salaried position. Hours are Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. (25 hours per week), year- round (12 months). Position begins July 1st.